Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Dean's Certification Forms

A "dean's letter" might be called a dean's recommendation, or certification, or letter of good standing. Dean's letters are sometimes required by professional schools or professional associations, as well as by prospective employers. Some transfer or study abroad applications require them as well. The forms usually say something like: "To be filled out by college dean or official."

If the form requires the evaluation of intended course elections elsewhere —  for example if you are applying to a study abroad program which asks how your elections there might fulfill degree requirements here — you need to see an academic advisor in the Advising Center to discuss your program goals and plans. Otherwise, click here for the form.

Note, as the form tells you, that processing can take up to two weeks at periods of peak demand.  Also remember to include a stamped, addressed envelope for each form you want sent out.  Failure to do so will cause a significant delay in processing and mailing, especially during high-volume periods.