- Majors and Minors
- Departments and Units
- LSA Degrees
- LSA Requirements
- LSA Academic Policies
- Dates and Deadlines
- Academic Integrity
- Engaged Learning
- Service Learning
- Global Studies
- Summer Learning
- First-Year Seminars
- Theme Semester
- Getting Started
- Find An Internship
- Academic Credit
- Secure Funding
- Before You Leave
- When You Return
- Contact Information
- Employers: Post An Internship
- What Will You Do with an LSA Degree?
Yokohama City, Japan
Name of position: Continental Automotive Corporation, Japan
Location: Yokohama City, Japan
Company: Continental Automotive Corporation, Japan
Dates of internship: Approximately May 4 - July 4
Pay: Yen 900 per hour (8 hours per day, 5 days per week). Transportation costs to and from the company are also provided for.
- Conduct test work and provide reports
- Conduct market research and provide reports
- Perform administrative duties in support of R&D, program management, project management, and marketing
- Native level Japanese
- Engineering majors preferred
- MS office with a general understanding of data analysis techniques
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with diverse groups and people
Name of position: Waseda University Coop
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Dates of internship: 8 weeks
Language Requirement: Some knowledge of Japanese required.
Housing: The company pays for room and board for two host-families where each student can be fully immersed into the social scene.
Pay: 600 yen per working day for lunch. Transportation costs to and from the company are also provided for.
The company provides students with a public transportation pass.
1. Work in the restaurant or the university book store for two weeks.
2. Spend two weeks working in a distribution center for food and non-food items, go along with the driver of small truck that makes deliveries to many families
3. Two week experience at one of the Co-Op Stores in Tokyo.
4. A two day observation Japanese Consumers' Cooperative Union
5. Soap packing center: one day observation
6. Consumers' Cooperative Mirai in Tokyo: three days to ask questions and write a report in Japanese.
Visa Requirements: The students do not need a visa for Japan, but upon arriving at the airport they are not to use the word "work". They simply come here to improve their Japanese speaking and reading skills.
This position is sponsored by ICE Menlo
Jones Lang LaSalle K.K. (JLL): Marketing and Research Intern
Organization: Jones Lang LaSalle K.K. (JLL)
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Number of Positions: 1 or 2
Intern Position Titles: Marketing Intern, Research Intern
Dates of Internship: Flexible
Compensation: We will pay for local transportation commute. Perhaps one lunch or dinner/drinks per week.
Possible Housing options: N/A
Primary responsibilities of the positions:
- Provide overall support to the Marketing and Research departments
- Research and write reports, blogs, executive summaries, etc
- Assist in social media campaigns, events, etc.
Language Required: Advanced Japanese
Requirements concerning citizenship:
None, but would require insurance during their time in Japan.
Desired professional skills/specialties of the ideal intern:
- Great writing skills
- Well organized, with attention to details
- Self starter and team player