- Majors and Minors
- Departments and Units
- LSA Degrees
- LSA Requirements
- LSA Academic Policies
- Dates and Deadlines
- Academic Integrity
- Engaged Learning
- Service Learning
- Global Studies
- Summer Learning
- First-Year Seminars
- Theme Semester
- Getting Started
- Find An Internship
- Academic Credit
- Secure Funding
- Before You Leave
- When You Return
- Contact Information
- Employers: Post An Internship
- What Will You Do with an LSA Degree?
The International Internship Program now has placements in Tirana, Albania! Interns interested in tourism management, marketing, and archaeology will work at the National Coastal Authority of Albania to gain valuable professional experience. The National Coastal Authority of Albania is an institution that aims at protecting and sustainably developing the Albanian coastal zone. Its objective is to guarantee the implementation of the strategies related to the integrated management of the coastal zone, to coordinate programs related to the coastal zone, to promote investments in the area and to contribute with information and consultation during the design and implementation of policies and strategies related to the integrated management of the coastal zone. Internships last for approximately 8 weeks.
Living Arrangements and Compensation
Internship positions are unpaid. Housing is not provided by the employer.
Timeline for Summer 2016
General LSA International Internship Applications are due December 1, 2015.
For area-specific funding, contact the Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for funding applications is March 15, 2016. For more opportunities, see our funding page.
All U-M students traveling abroad in a U-M-affiliated program are required to purchase HTH Heath Insurance which cost $1.10/day. You may register at: http://www.uhs.umich.edu/tai. You will also register your travel details and contact information through MCompass.
Name of Position: National Coastal Authority, Albania
Location: Tirana, Albania
Company: National Coastal Authority of Albania
Dates of internship: Flexible
Housing: Housing is not provided.
Pay: This position is unpaid.
Responsibilities: The National Coastal Authority of Albania was established in 2014. It is a new agency with many goals. The director is looking for 5-6 full-time summer interns who are interested in tourism management, marketing, and archeology. The Director also welcomes and is ready to support students who are interested in doing research in marine biology and archeology. The overall goal is for interns to work on projects that are aimed at increasing the number of tourists that visit Albania. The intern will work on the following:
- Learn about the National Coastal Authority of Albania and about its strategic goals;
- Create materials (collaterals, brochures, etc.) to share widely with the public and partners;
- Research organizations, businesses, and institutions (like Foundations and Universities) that might be interested in coordinating and collaborating with the National Coastal Authority of Albania; reach out to these organizations and determine interest in partnerships; and, in case there is interest in partnerships, connect organizations and institutions with Director of the National Coastal Authority.
- Research the branding efforts of other countries and provide recommendations for next steps;
- Play a strong role in marketing via social media;
- Organize events, etc.
- A commitment of 30-40 hours/week for 10 weeks.
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written – and excellent research skills.
- Interest in marketing, coastal management, tourism, and in the country of Albania.
- Albanian language skills are a plus.