- Academic Writing Courses for Graduate Students
- Academic Grammar, Vocabulary, and Reading Courses for Graduate Students
- Community-Engaged English Language + Culture Program
- Academic Speaking and Listening Courses for Graduate Students
- Academic English Courses for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Postdocs
- Discipline-Specific Courses for Graduate Students
- Pronunciation Courses for Graduate Students
- ELI Academic Advising
- GSI Courses
Improve your language skills and gain greater understanding of US society and culture. Learn about the local community and practice communicating with Americans from diverse backgrounds.
ELI’s Community-Engaged Language and Culture Program includes 2 components: an on-campus course offered in the Fall and Winter terms, and an off-campus field experience offered in the Winter and Spring.
The field experience is a short extension of the on-campus course during which students interact with Americans from diverse backgrounds through a placement with a local organization, practice language skills, and reflect on their experiences.
Earn up to 4 total credits during winter term—2 for ELI 560 and 2 for the off-campus component, ELI 561.