- Academic Writing Courses for Graduate Students
- Academic Grammar, Vocabulary, and Reading Courses for Graduate Students
- Community-Engaged English Language + Culture Program
- Academic Speaking and Listening Courses for Graduate Students
- Academic English Courses for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Post-Docs
- Discipline-Specific Courses for Graduate Students
- Pronunciation Courses for Graduate Students
- Counseling and Advising
Improve your language skills and gain greater understanding of US society and culture. Learn about the local community and practice communicating with Americans from diverse backgrounds.
ELI’s Community-Engaged Language and Culture Program includes 2 components: an on-campus course offered in the Fall and Winter terms, and an off-campus field experience offered in the Winter and Spring.
The field experience is a short extension of the on-campus course during which students interact with Americans from diverse backgrounds through a placement with a local organization, practice language skills, and reflect on their experiences.
Earn up to 4 total credits during winter term—2 for ELI 560 and 2 for the off-campus component, ELI 561.