- Academic Writing Courses for Graduate Students
- Academic Grammar, Vocabulary, and Reading Courses for Graduate Students
- Community-Engaged English Language + Culture Program
- Academic Speaking and Listening Courses for Graduate Students
- Academic English Courses for International Scholars, Researchers, Faculty, Staff, and Postdocs
- Discipline-Specific Courses for Graduate Students
- Pronunciation Courses for Graduate Students
- GSI Courses
- ELI Academic Advising
An ELI academic advisor is available to provide information and guidance on ELI courses and other language support resources. If you are a current U-M graduate student, you can click on the button below to sign up for an appointment.
Please call 734-764-2413 or email ELIadvisor@umich.edu for more information.
Make an Appointment to Meet with an ELI Advisor
1. To access the appointment system:
- Click on the red "Meet with an ELI Advisor" button below
2. Once you are in the appointment system:
On the first screen:
- Click "English for Academic Purposes" in the lower left hand corner under "Schedule a New Appointment"
On the second screen:
- Step 1: Enter your information
- Step 2: Select "ELI Advising" from the pulldown menu and the date range when you want to meet with an advisor.
- Click "Search Appointment Times"
- If you don't see any appointments in your preferred date range, email ELIadvisor@umich.edu to make an appointment