JOB ID #28329
The English Language Institute is looking for undergraduate students for paid consulting
positions in a GSI teacher preparation course for students who speak English as an additional language.
What will you do?
- Participate in practice office hours and teaching
sessions, as you would for a regular class
- Give feedback to prospective GSIs on the quality
of their instruction in terms of language use and lesson delivery.
What will you gain?
- Experience providing appropriate constructive feedback
in a multi-cultural setting
- Experience working with multilingual speakers
from a variety of countries
- An opportunity to help shape undergraduate
teaching at the University of Michigan
How much will you be paid?
- $10.00 per hour
- (Depending on programming needs, other paid opportunities to interact with the course participants may be available.)
What qualifications do you need?
- Enrollment as an undergraduate student at the University of Michigan
- Availability for all of the following dates
Required Feedback Training Session (paid)
July 25 from 1:00-3:00
Practice Teaching Sessions
July 31 from 9:00-12:00 and 1:00-4:00
August 3 from 9:00-12:00 and 1:00-4:00
August 8 from 9:00-12:00 and 1:00-4:00
August 11 from 9:00-12:00 and 1:00-4:00
August 14 from 1:00-5:00
To apply go to the University of Michigan Student Employment Website and apply for JOB ID #28329