Jane Burbank and Frederick Cooper, coauthors of Empires in World History: Power and the Politics of Difference (Princeton University Press, 2011), return to the University of Michigan to discuss their landmark volume with panelists from the Department of History. Remarkable in both scope and scale, Empires in World History won the World History Association’s 2011 Book Prize.
- Jane Burbank, Professor of History and Russian and Slavic Studies, Collegiate Professor, New York University
- Frederick Cooper, Professor of History, New York University
- Robyn d'Avignon, Doctoral Candidate in History and Anthropology, University of Michigan
- Hussein Fancy, Assistant Professor of History, University of Michigan
- Pedro Monaville, Postdoctoral Fellow, Eisenberg Institute for Historical Studies, University of Michigan
- Ronald G. Suny, Charles Tilly Collegiate Professor of Social and Political History, University of Michigan
This event is sponsored by the Department of History and the Eisenberg Institute for Historical Studies.