Michigan Mentorship Matters (MMM), the Comprehensive Studies Program mentorship effort, began in the fall of 2013. MMM seeks to align with the community building mission of CSP by “connecting students personally” – the motto of the program – to both the CSP and wider U-M communities. MMM also works to encourage the students who participate to engage in a deeper exploration of the campus and the rich resources available to them, both at the University of Michigan and in its surrounding environs during their undergraduate journey. MMM pairs first-year (freshmen and transfer) students with upperclassmen to:
- Build relationships and community
- Provide support while transitioning to the University of Michigan
- Potentially build college long, maybe lifelong connections within pairs
- Connect to resources at CSP and the UM overall
- Offer strategies to improve study skills, time management, wellness, and other factors shown to impact success
- Make a complex, very large university feel smaller and more navigable
CSP’s mentorship relationships are developed and cultivated by participating in pre-planned academic workshops, bi-weekly meetings between mentors and mentees, and monthly social activities.
Fall 2019 social activities include:
- A trip to the AirTime Trampoline & Game Park
- An evening of painting
- A trip to the movies
- A Michigan Men's Basketball game
If you have additional questions, or would like to receive the application to either become a mentor or to receive a mentor, please contact Keith Jason (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications for 2019-2020 are now closed.