- Explore CGIS Programs
- Getting Started
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Health and Safety
- Identities Abroad
- Preparing to travel
- For your family
- Incoming Exchange Students
At CGIS pre-departure orientation, learn more about the intercultural experience on which you are embarking. Reflect on your goals for during and after the program as you engage with other participants. This is a time for you to ask lots of questions and be active in the planning process.
You will meet with your CGIS advisor as well as previous participants of the program and other program staff, including faculty leaders. Topics include:
- Pre-departure checklist (course registration, billing and payment, booking flights, visas, M-Compass requirements, and so on)
- Program and travel details (arrival, housing, banking, communication, excursions and side travel, and so on)
- Cultural differences and identity
- Health and safety considerations
Attending all pre-departure orientation activities is mandatory for CGIS program participants.
Dates for Spring, Summer, and Fall Term Programs
You will be assigned, based on the program you are participating in, to one of the following orientation dates:
Sunday, February 24
Sunday, March 24
Orientation generally lasts around 3 hours and will include both a general session and a program-specific session. The date to which you are assigned and the time you will attend will be provided in your acceptance letter. You are required to attend on this date - no exceptions.