- Explore CGIS Programs
- Getting Started
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Health and Safety
- GeoBlue Health Insurance
- Self-Disclosure of Health Information
- Confidentiality of Health Information
- Pre-Departure Health Requirements
- Food Safety and Allergies
- Disabilities and Accommodations
- Mental Health
- Social Identities
- Travel Warning and Restriction Destinations
- Independent Travel
- Driving and Transporation
- Traveling with Technology
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse
- Dating, Sex, and Sexual Misconduct
- Avoiding Crime
- Emergencies Abroad
- Pre-Departure Checklist
- Online Health, Safety and Well-Being Resources
- Identities Abroad
- Preparing to travel
- For your family
- Incoming Exchange Students
University of Michigan Police Dept. (available 24/7/365)
734.763.1131 (accepts international collect calls)
GeoBlue Emergency Assistance
888.243.2358 or 610.254.8771
LSA / CGIS Health & Safety
734.764.4311 (M–F, 8am–5pm EST)
In an Emergency
- Call 911 or the local equivalent.
- Contact your on-site director/staff, faculty member, or program assistant.
- Call the UM Police Department at 734.763.1131.
- Identify yourself as a participant on a CGIS program.
- Provide your exact location.
- Provide contact information, multiple forms if possible: e-mail, Facebook, etc.
UMPD will contact a CGIS staff member or UM emergency responder who will return your call immediately to provide further instructions and assistance.
In a Medical Emergency
- Go to the nearest hospital or doctor, or call the local 911 equivalent.
- Call your on-site director/staff, faculty member, program assistant, and so on.
- Contact GeoBlue who can assist and monitor medical care until the situation is resolved. GeoBlue has a 24/7 emergency assistance service: 800.257.4823 or 610.254.8771 (collect). You may also email. HTH has nurses available 24/7 to answer medical questions.
- Once the condition is stable, contact the UM Police Department at 734.763.1131. UMPD will contact a CGIS staff member or a UM emergency responder who will contact you to provide further assistance.
In a Non-Emergency
- Contact CGIS at 734.764.4311 or email@example.com
- Fill out the CGIS/LSA Incident Response form
CGIS Emergency Response Team
In the event you are routed to a CGIS / LSA emergency responder, the phone will be answered by one of the following 8 people: Pardip Bolina, Callie Rouse, Sarah Pauling, Ebony Ellis, Ashton Troxel, Benjamin Peipert, Nyanatee Bailey, or David Estrada (see the People section for more information).