Fall 2017 Engaged Pedagogy Initiative Application
The EPI Fellowship is a semester-long community-based learning (CBL) graduate training program that promotes excellence in undergraduate teaching and graduate student professional development.
EPI Participants will:
• Work within a cross-campus, interdisciplinary cohort
• Participate in CBL workshops
• Develop their own discipline-specific CBL course
• Receive individual course design consultations from experienced faculty, staff, and undergraduates
• Meet with existing community partners
• Present their work at the Engaged Learning Symposium at the end of the term
Graduate students in any field who are interested in developing place-based pedagogical strategies are welcome and encouraged to apply. The EPI is particularly relevant for those who wish to develop their teaching portfolio.
Selected participants must commit to attending workshops from 10am-12pm on the following dates:
Fridays: September 15, 29 | October 6, 20 | November 3, 17 | December 1, 8. Final symposium: Wednesday, December 13.
Successful completion of the EPI satisfies Requirement B ("Learning about Teaching") for the CRLT Graduate Teaching Certificate.