CEAL-Ride provides transportation support for Community-Based Learning courses.
To find out if your request qualifies, please consider these requirements.
- Must be in the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LSA).
- Should establish a relationship in the community through regular site visits.
- To apply for field trip funding: Center for Research on Teaching and Learning.
- Should meet Community-Based Learning criteria.
Instructions for faculty requesting transportation for their course/program:
- Determine if your course meets CBL criteria.
- Gather the course details, site location, group size and frequency of travel.
- Contact CEAL Program Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss a relevant timeline.
- You will be contacted by the CEAL director to begin CBL course-tagging process.
- Once CBL status is established, complete a $50 lab fee request form. (Form Help)
- Work with Program Assistant to schedule orientations and vehicles for your class.
- Submit a copy of your syllabus to email@example.com.
Please also keep in mind:
- If you'd like to integrate community-based learning into your course, please contact CEAL Director, Denise Galarza Sepúlveda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lab Fee request deadlines are: July 1 for Fall courses, Nov. 1 for Winter courses, March 1 for Spring-Summer courses. [Lab Fees Policy]
- Lab fees are expected to contribute to the cost of the fuel and rental fee. The remainder of the expense is subsidized by LSA. [Lab Fees justification example]
- CEAL-Ride does not provide drivers for the vehicles.
- Due to a limited number of vehicles, sites are serviced by a bus line may not be eligible.
- Vehicles carry up to 7 total occupants.
- Field trips and/or large groups cannot be accommodated.
- Students who decide to use their own vehicles are not covered by UM insurance.