This hands-on, interactive, Applied Liberal Arts class is specially designed to help students develop the skills and confidence they need to grow as leaders. Group exercises and a self-designed team project allow them to practice and reflect on key leadership roles. Their experiences in the Leadership Lab will help them be more confident and successful in their work on campus, in their community, and in the world. The Leadership Labs will be offered under the course number ALA 175.
What Will Members Learn in the Leadership Lab?
The Leadership Lab will help students learn to:
- Work with a group to identify important problems, develop innovative solutions, implement and improve their ideas
- Collect evidence about problems and solutions that are important to them through leadership experiments that test their ideas against the world
- Build a leadership “toolkit” that is based on their own skills, ability, vision, and personal style
- Reflect on their experiences in order to continuously improve their effectiveness and the teams they work with
ALA 175 Fall 2019
The next iteration of ALA 175 will occur in the Fall 2019 semester, starting in mid-October. Official course listings are on the LSA Course Guide. The times the course is offered is listed below:
- Mondays - 7 to 9 pm, 110 Weiser Hall
- Tuesdays - 6 to 8 pm, 110 Weiser Hall
- Wednesdays - 4 to 6 pm, 296 Weiser Hall