Congratulations to Prof. Ramamoorthy who is being honored for his outstanding Teaching, Scholarship, Service and Creative Activities!
Twenty-one faculty members are being recognized Tuesday for their teaching, scholarship, service and creative activities. Here are the award categories and the honorees:
Faculty Recognition Awards are intended for faculty early in their careers who have demonstrated substantive contributions to the university through achievements in scholarly research and/or creative endeavors; excellence as a teacher, adviser and mentor; and distinguished participation in service activities of the university. Eligible candidates include full professors with no more than four years at that rank, associate professors and assistant professors. Up to five awards of $1,000 each are made each year. Recipients include:
• Pamela Brandwein, professor of political science, LSA
• Stephen L. DesJardins, professor of education; professor, Center for the Study of Higher and Postsecondary Education, School of Education
• Wei Lu, associate professor of mechanical engineering, CoE
• Jeffrey R. Martens, associate professor of pharmacology, Medical School
• Ayyalusamy Ramamoorthy, Professor of Chemistry, Professor of Biophysics, LSA