SUMMER RESEARCH OPPORTUNITY: UT MD Anderson Cancer Center Summer Experience Application is Now Open (Deadline: February 1)
MD Anderson Summer Experience
The Summer Experience is a collection of programs that give students an opportunity to explore careers in basic research through working in labs with faculty mentors. Programs include lectures, panel discussions and professional development sessions designed to prepare students for research careers. Applications for 2019 are accepted between Nov. 1, 2018 and January 17, 2019.
To apply, you must complete the three phases detailed below. The phases take place primarily in Discover, our online application system. Immunization health records must be uploaded to the Certified Profile area in Discover. You will need to submit some items via email.
To apply through Discover:
Visit the program links.
Choose the program that most interests you.
Use the link on the program page to apply through Discover.
Follow the instructions for uploading the required documents.
· Download and complete each form using the Get Form feature.
· All pages, not only the signature page, of completed documents must be uploaded to Discover.
· Signatures must be handwritten, not typed or entered electronically. Forms without a handwritten signature will be rejected.
· All handwritten data must be printed clearly and legibly. Other than the signature, do not use cursive writing. Forms that are not legible will be rejected.
· Application accounts cannot be moved from one program to a different program. If you wish to apply to more than one program, create a separate account for each program and upload the appropriate documents to each account. You must use a unique email address for each account. Only one offer will be made if you are selected to participate.
Send inquiries to SummerExperience@mdanderson.org.