EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Ann Arbor Natural Area Preservation is Hiring a Conservation Worker (Deadline: June 19)
CONSERVATION WORKER II
Conservation Worker II needed for employment with the City of Ann Arbor, MI, Natural Area Preservation (NAP).
Work with Natural Area Preservation Conservation Crew to:
• Manually remove invasive plant species from natural areas
• Apply herbicide for the control of invasive plant species
• Assist with prescribed ecological burns (spring and fall)
• Maintain and construct trails
• Lead volunteer workdays and other environmental stewardship activities
• Collect, process, store and sow seed from native plants
• Keep detailed, accurate records of all work performed
• Assist in implementing stewardship plans and collecting ecological data from natural areas
• Excellent interpersonal skills suitable for working with crew, volunteers, and public
• Background in natural resource management or equivalent field
• Ability to distinguish between native and non-native flora
• Ability to perform strenuous manual labor outdoors in all weather conditions, lift and carry moderately heavy items, and sit and stand for long periods of time
• Ability to work with and maintain chain saws, brush blades, and other power tools
• Ability to work with minimal direct field supervision
• Willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening, weekends, and some holidays
• Valid Driver's License, CPR certification, First Aid certification, and medical card
• Willingness and ability to obtain Michigan Commercial Pesticide Applicator Certificate
• The City of Ann Arbor is a drug-free workplace. You may be required to submit to a drug screen during the hiring process.
SALARY: $12.12/hour; 40 hours/week; including regular evenings, weekends, and holidays. This position is considered a temporary - benefits eligible position.
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT: Successful candidates can expect this position to go through mid-December, with the possibility of it being extended up to 10 months from date of hire. Candidates may be considered for rehire after a 2 month break in employment, but rehire is not guaranteed.
TO APPLY: Apply online at https://a2gov.applicantpro.com/jobs/803469.html
Please contact Michael Hahn, Stewardship Specialist with questions at email@example.com.