EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNIT: City of Ann Arbor Natural Area Preservation is Hiring Conservation Worker II (Deadline: n/a)
CONSERVATION WORKER II
Conservation Worker II needed for employment with the City of Ann Arbor, MI, Natural Area Preservation (NAP).
Work with Natural Area Preservation Conservation Crew to:
· Manually remove invasive plant species from natural areas
· Apply herbicide for the control of invasive plant species
· Assist with prescribed ecological burns (spring and fall)
· Maintain and construct trails
· Lead volunteer workdays and other environmental stewardship activities
· Collect, process, store and sow seed from native plants
· Keep detailed, accurate records of all work performed
· Assist in implementing stewardship plans and collecting ecological data from natural areas
· Excellent interpersonal skills suitable for working with crew, volunteers, and public
· Background in natural resource management or equivalent field
· Ability to distinguish between native and non-native flora
· Ability to perform strenuous manual labor outdoors in all weather conditions, lift and carry moderately heavy items, and sit and stand for long periods of time
· Ability to work with and maintain chain saws, brush blades, and other power tools
· Ability to work with minimal direct field supervision
· Willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening, weekends, and some holidays
· Valid Driver's License, CPR certification, First Aid certification, and medical card
· Willingness and ability to obtain Michigan Commercial Pesticide Applicator Certificate
· The City of Ann Arbor is a drug-free workplace. You may be required to submit to a drug screen during the hiring process.
SALARY: $12.12/hour; 40 hours/week; including regular evenings, weekends, and holidays. This position is considered a temporary - benefits eligible position.
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT: Successful candidates can expect this position to go through mid-December, with the possibility of it being extended up to 10 months from date of hire. Candidates may be considered for rehire after a 2 month break in employment, but rehire is not guaranteed.
TO APPLY: Apply online at https://a2gov.applicantpro.com/jobs/691502.html.
Please contact Michael Hahn, Stewardship Specialist with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.