EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Wayne State University Department of Pharmacology is Hiring a Research Assistant (Deadline: n/a)
Research Assistant – Molecular Cancer Biology
Dept. of Pharmacology
Wayne State University School of Medicine
Detroit, MI 48201
Basic cancer research laboratory studying the role of extracellular proteases in tumor progression seeks qualified candidate for the position of Research Assistant.
Availability: One position available immediately
* Participation in all aspects of the research process which encompass various standard molecular biology techniques including molecular cloning, PCR, and Western blotting
* Cell culture experiments including transfection and gene silencing
* Maintaining records of the experimental procedures and assisting in general laboratory management and organization
* A Bachelor’s degree with a strong background in science is required.
* Some previous research experience strongly preferred.
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively
* This position is particularly well-suited for a recent college graduate interested in gaining first-hand experience in biomedical research for a couple of years prior to entering graduate or medical school.
For more information about our laboratory please visit http://pharmacology.med.wayne.edu/fac.php?gid=1927
To inquire about this position please contact Dr. Karin List: email@example.com Please include a description of lab experiences and career plans, as well as GPA and MCAT/GRE scores, in the CV and/or cover letter.