SUMMER RESEARCH OPPORTUNITY: Wildlife and Fisheries MS Student is seeking a field technician to assit with research... Apply by:
A Wildlife and Fisheries MS student is seeking 1 field technician to assist with research to confirm presence and foraging activity of bat species within the Big South Fork National River and Recreation Areas (BISO) in TN/KY.
The technician is needed from May through August and can expect to work long shifts, including some late nights, early mornings, and weekends. A stipend of $1200/month and rustic (only intermittent access to internet and telephone) field housing is provided. The primary duty of the technician will be assisting with acoustic monitoring to confirm bat presence and identify locations of activity. Enthusiasm for fieldwork and a passion for research are essential.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• deployment of Anabat acoustic detectors
• assistance with vegetation surveys
• data entry, management, and analysis, including identification of bat calls
• general field site maintenance
• opportunity to participate in the 2015 SBDN Bat Blitz
See attached flyer for additional details.