UNDERGRADUATE INTERNSHIP: Field Experience Internship with the City of Ann Arbor, Department of Parks and Recreation, Natural Area Preservation... Apply by:
An intern position with the City of Ann Arbor, Michigan, Department of Parks and Recreation, Natural Area Preservation.
Work with Natural Area Preservation Conservation Crew to:
- Manually remove invasive plant species from natural areas
- Maintain and construct trails
- Assist with volunteer workdays and other environmental stewardship activities
- Collect, process, store and sow seed from native plants
- Keep detailed, accurate records of all work performed
- Other potential tasks as assigned or needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills suitable for working with crew, volunteers, and public
- Background in natural resource management or equivalent field
- Ability to perform strenuous manual labor outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to learn to distinguish between native and non-native flora
- Ability to work with minimal direct field supervision
- Basic computer and office skills
DATES OF INTERNSHIP: Typically, May-August. M-F. Flexible hours.
COMPENSATION: Unpaid or work-study
TO APPLY: Send resume, cover letter, and three references to Tina Roselle, Volunteer & Outreach Coordinator, Natural Area Preservation, 1831 Traver Rd. Ann Arbor, MI 48105 or to email@example.com, 734-794-6627 by Wednesday, February 27th, 2013.