Chairs and Directors of LSA Units may use this form to submit requests for funding of departmental DEI activities/events that align with LSA’s DEI Strategic Plan. This form is the first step of a conversation of how the Dean's office can collaborate to achieve LSA's collective DEI goals.
Submitting a proposal is not an expectation, but rather an opportunity to discuss innovative ideas that meet a pressing need for the department.
LSA’s DEI Strategic Plan can be found here. While the Dean’s office seeks to advance all our DEI strategic goals, we are especially interested in activities/events that do the following:
- Increase coordination and collaboration across departments
- Enhance professional development for all faculty (e.g., non-tenure track faculty, tenured associate and full professors, and/or international faculty)
- Develop and sustain long term relationships with Minority Serving Institutions for student/faculty recruitment, faculty collaborations, student exchanges, etc.
- Support DEI initiatives that enhance integration between departmental faculty, students, and staff
- Facilitate DEI activities between the University and its surrounding communities
Questions regarding this form and the process should be directed to Fiona Lee, Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and Professional Development.
Preview the List of Questions in the Form:
Primary Contact (Title, Departmental Affiliation, Email):
Faculty Sponsor (Title, Departmental Affiliation, Email):
Student Sponsor (Title, Departmental Affiliation, Email):
Staff Sponsor (Title, Departmental Affiliation, Email):
Title of DEI Engagement or Assessment Activity (“Activity”):
Type of DEI Engagement or Assessment Activity (check all that apply):
- Town Hall
- Focus Group
- Lecture or Guest Speaker
- DEI Training and Education
- DEI-Focused Department or Unit Meeting
- DEI-related Student Activity
- DEI-related Staff Activity
- DEI-related Faculty Activity
- Other Activity (please explain):
Start and End Date of Activity:
Total Cost of Activity:
Unit/Group/Department Contribution to Cost:
Other Sponsors or Contributors to Cost:
LSA DEI Plan Strategic Goal(s)Supported by Activity (Refer to Goal Number):
Constituencies Impacted (check all that apply):
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Campus Wide
Detailed Description of Request, including justification (no more than 1 page single space):
Detail of Cost Estimate:
Has this Activity been hosted before?
If so, how was it funded?
If so, what was the outcome of the Activity?
How will this Activity further the LSA DEI Plan Strategic Goal(s) identified above?
What are your goals related to this Activity?
How will you measure whether this Activity has met these goals?