LSA Student Academic Affairs (SAA) is proud to announce the endowment of a new scholarship fund for Bachelor in General Studies (B.G.S.) students. Made possible through a generous donation by B.G.S. alumnus David Blumenfeld, the scholarship will recognize outstanding students who use the flexibility of the B.G.S. degree structure to craft especially thoughtful and coherent interdisciplinary courses of study.
To be eligible to apply for the Blumenfeld Scholarship candidates must:
- Be officially declared as seeking a Bachelor in General Studies.
- Be in good academic standing.
- Have at least one semester remaining before graduation (not including the current semester in which they apply).
Applications must be submitted to Assistant Dean RaShonda Flint's office (1213 Angell Hall) no later than 12:00 Noon on the first Monday of March. A complete application will include each of the following:
- The Blumenfeld Scholarship Application Form (PDF)
- An updated résumé or curriculum vitae (CV)
- A Statement of Intellectual Purpose
The Statement of Purpose should be limited to 500 words (approximately 2 pages) and should address each of the following topics:
- The theme or themes of the student's B.G.S. curriculum
- A multidisciplinary approach to these issues or topics
- Connections between the student's coursework, co-curricular activities, and post-graduation plans
Give us a call.
To schedule an appointment with a B.G.S. advisor, just stop by our front desk (1255 Angell Hall), or call 734.764.0332 during our normal business hours (Monday–Friday, 8:00 am–5:00 pm).