To help determine where in the business world you belong, reflect on your interests, values, strengths, goals, and expectations. As part of this process, meet with Newnan and departmental advisors to discuss your results and brainstorm new directions for assessment.
Think about and jot down answers to these questions:
- What drives me as person?
- What is important to me?
- What experiences give me the greatest happiness?
- What motivates me?
- How do I fit into a team?
- What classes have I enjoyed most? Why?
- What are my professional expectations?
- What kind of work/life balance do I hope for?
- For whom does my work make a difference?
- How will I be compensated?
- With whom will I be working?
- What does the work environment look like?
Utilize your resources
To help you assess your fit for various business careers, take advantage of U-M and external resources.
- Attend Opportunity Hub events.
- Use resources like O*net skill search to look at the skills you have and those you hope to develop.
- Visit the Career Center for Meyers Briggs and/or Strong Interest Inventory (you will have to pay for this survey).
- Talk with friends, family, and/or mentors about their professional experiences and what they like best about their jobs.