Final Workshop of the Semester Featuring the American Culture 2013 Cohort
The American Culture Workshop Series is excited to present its final workshop in our fall series. Please join us for the following six presentations from the American Culture 2013 Cohort:
- Dominic Garzonio “What's so Funny about Hijackings and Gulf Wars? The Stand-up Comedy of Bill Hicks and Dean Obeidallah before and after 9/11.”
- Joseph Gaudet “The Nature of Steam: Space and Power on the Upper Missouri River.”
- Meryem Khalil “To Die a Villain or Live Long Enough to See Yourself Become the Hero: Muslim Women as Comic Book Superheroes.
- Peggy Lee “ ‘unsated, untasted, and completely unwritten’: affective rituals of sexual trauma in neoliberal life.”
- Michael Pascual “The Political Aesthetics of the New Queer Cinema.”
- Vivian Truong “Equality of Life: Police Violence and the Struggle for the Right to the City.”
RSVP to email@example.com.
Lunch is provided.