- Career Exploration
- Departmental Funding
- Departmental Forms
- External Resources
- Senior Thesis and Honors Programs
- Study Abroad
- Student Organizations
- Transfer Credit
- Undergraduate Fellows Program
- Undergraduate Research
- Student Spotlight
- Alumni Spotlight
- Senior Reflections
The Communication and Media Undergraduate Fellows Program provides COMM students the opportunity to be ambassadors of the department, to receive academic credit, and to gain hands-on experience planning an annual academic symposium.
Application for the 2020-2021 are now closed and no longer accepting applications.
Program Application Procedures
The Department of Communication and Media Undergraduate Fellows Program is designed to support and stimulate undergraduate students’ interest in the field of Communication and Media. The Fellows Program welcomes any qualified incoming juniors or seniors interested in cultivating the Communication and Media Fellows community, and committed to becoming an active member of the department.
Acting as department ambassadors, Fellows will undertake a variety of tasks, all of which promote Communication and Media. Highlights include engagement with distinguished alumni, volunteering for a celebration for newly declared COMM majors, planning an academic symposium, and representing the department to the campus community.
Why should you apply for the Fellows Program?
- You are interested in leaving your mark on U-M Communication and Media
- You want to form a network of peers and professionals that could help you in your future career
- You are interested in current events and how they impact the campus community
- You want to develop mentoring relationships with faculty members
- You want experience with event planning and launching a successful conference
- Name your own reason! You may have your own objectives that you want to achieve from the Fellows program
Fellows Program Benefits
- Mentorship from faculty
- Earn 1 credit hour per semester towards LSA requirements
- Competitive advantages for departmental funding opportunities
- Opportunity to organize an annual academic symposium
- Membership in an exclusive community of undergraduates committed to Communication and Media
- Recognition from the department in publications and on the department website
Fellows Program Requirements
- Attend bi-weekly meetings each term, Wed: 6:00 - 7:30 PM
- Attend public Communication and Media events
- Assist with annual academic symposium
- Declared juniors or seniors
How to Apply
Applications for the 2021-2022 is now open. We are accepting applications until Wednesday April 9th 2021.
If you are interested in being a fellow, please complete the online application form no later than 5:00 pm on April 1st.
You will be asked to submit a statement of purpose in the online form and your resume (via email).
1. Resume with anticipated graduation date. Please send resume (in PDF format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: FELLOWS APPLICATION (Last Name, First Name)
2. Statement of Purpose explaining why you are a good candidate for the Undergraduate Fellows Program
Program Contact Information
For questions or more information, contact: