- Explore CGIS Programs
- Getting Started
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Health and Safety
- Identities Abroad
- Preparing to travel
- For your family
- Incoming Exchange Students
- City: St. Petersburg
- Term: Fall, Winter, Academic Year, Summer
- Instruction in: Russian
- Requirements: Minimum 4 semesters of college-level Russian (Fall and Winter program), with oral proficiency score of intermediate or better; No previous Russian language required for Summer program
- Students interested in: Russian Language, Literature, and Culture
Semester: This program is designed for advanced students with two years of college-level Russian who wish to improve their proficiency with the Russian language. Students take three Russian language courses to improve grammar, phonetics, and conversational skills and choose two electives, which are taught in Russian. Students are immersed in Russian culture and have the opportunity to volunteer and integrate into the local community. Courses are complemented with lectures, workshops, co-curricular activities, and excursions.
Summer: Students take their beginner, intermediate, or advanced Russian language skills to a new level by taking Russian language and culture classes, exploring St. Petersburg, and participating in cultural and social activities. Classes are taken at the program center on the campus of St. Petersburg State University. Students agree to only speak Russian to encourage language and cultural acquisition. Semester and Summer students can choose to live with a Russian-speaking host family or opt to stay in a single room in a downtown hostel.