- Explore CGIS Programs
- Getting Started
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Health and Safety
- Identities Abroad
- Preparing to travel
- For your family
- Incoming Exchange Students
- The CGIS Blog Archives
At CGIS pre-departure orientation, learn more about the intercultural experience on which you are embarking. Reflect on your goals for during and after the program as you engage with other participants. This is a time for you to ask lots of questions and be active in the planning process.
You will meet with your CGIS advisor as well as previous participants of the program and other program staff, including faculty leaders. Topics include:
- Pre-departure checklist (course registration, billing and payment, booking flights, visas, M-Compass requirements, and so on)
- Program and travel details (arrival, housing, banking, communication, excursions and side travel, and so on)
- Cultural differences and identity
- Health and safety considerations
Attending all pre-departure orientation activities is mandatory for CGIS program participants.
Dates for Spring/Summer, Fall, and AY Programs
Sessions will be hosted via Zoom at 11:00 AM. You will choose ONE of the following orientation dates:
- Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Sunday, April 2, 2023
Please see an email from your CGIS advisor for more details on orientation.