Faces of Study Abroad Video Premiere a Success
The Faces of Study Abroad video shares the experiences and insights of 11 Michigan students who studied abroad with CGIS. The stories of these students remind us that no matter who you are, where you come from, or what you’re studying, a study abroad experience is available to all Michigan students.
The full-length video is now available on YouTube. Thanks to all who attended the first public viewing of this new video last week in the Union. And thanks to our wonderful cosponsors:
- Arab and Muslim American Studies, Department of American Culture
- Center for Engaged Academic Learning
- Comprehensive Studies Program
- First Generation College Students at Michigan
- Multi-Ethnic Student Affairs
- Spectrum Center
Share the Faces of Study Abroad Experience
CGIS has also released a short version of the Faces of Study Abroad for use in classrooms and student org meetings to facilitate discussions around study abroad.
- Students, show the 9-minute version of the Faces video at your next student org meeting.
- Professors, show the 9-minute version of the video in your classroom.
A peer advisor or staff member from CGIS can come to your event, show the 9-minute video, and lead a brief presentation and discussion customized for the needs and interests of your group. Request a presentation online from CGIS using this simple online events form. In the comments field, say that you would like the “Faces of Study Abroad” presentation.
I Am Study Abroad Print and Digital Materials
Stop in to the CGIS office during business hours to pick up a free copy of the I Am Study Abroad campaign poster, which features photos of over 90 student contributors.