CGIS Staff and Faculty Recognized by Students for Positive Impact
Each year, the Provost’s Office and the Council on Global Engagement (CGE) gather student appreciation for UM faculty and staff who made a difference in their global learning—here on campus or abroad. Students recognize faculty and staff members in celebration of International Education Week, November 16–20, 2015.
This year, CGIS Director Dr. Michael Jordan and Intercultural Program Advisor Sarah Pauling will be recognized by the CGE during a reception on Thursday of International Week.
In addition to these 2 CGIS staff members, several of faculty who led CGIS programs will be recognized:
- Mar Freire Hermida, Romance Languages and Literatures, Santiago de Compostela
- Anita Gonzalez, School of Music, Theatre, and Dance, GIEU Mexico
- Brylind Lawson, Romance Languages and Literatures, French Language Studies in Grenoble
- Ashley Lucas, School of Music, Theatre, and Dance, GCC Brazil
- Norma Sarkar, School of Nusring, GCC India
- Megan Eagle, School of Nursing, GCC Ecuador
Each of these staff and faculty members was nominated by a student who said they had a positive impact on their global education experience.