APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR FALL 2019 HAS PASSED.
Application cycle for Winter 2020 will open October 2019
The Engaged Pedagogy Initiative (EPI)
The EPI is a semester-long community-based learning (CBL) graduate training program that promotes excellence in undergraduate teaching and graduate student professional development. It is a partnership between LSA’s Community-Engaged Academic Learning (CEAL) and the Rackham Program in Public Scholarship (RPPS). Throughout the semester, EPI Participants will:
- Work within a cross-campus, interdisciplinary cohort
- Explore and apply CBL theories and principles
- Dialog with existing community partners
- Develop their own course syllabus
- Benefit from individual course design consultations
- Receive feedback from CEAL’s Student Advisory Group on Engagement
- Present their work at the EPI Symposium
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Graduate students in any field who are interested in furthering their interest in CBL pedagogies and who plan on developing CBL courses. The EPI is particularly relevant for those who wish to develop their teaching portfolio. NOTE: Successful completion of the EPI satisfies Requirement B ("Learning about Teaching") for the CRLT Graduate Teaching Certificate. EPI ‘alums’ are also eligible to apply to be CEAL CBL Consultants.
WHEN WILL THE FALL 2019 SESSION TAKE PLACE?
Sessions take place 10am-12pm on the following Fridays:
September 6, 13, 27 | October 11, 25 | November 8, 22 | December 6 | Symposium: Dec 12.
Questions? Contact CEAL Director, Dr. Denise Galarza Sepúlveda via email@example.com