- All News
- Search News
- BLI announces a new Access Opportunity
- Barger Leadership Institute is moving!
- BLI Announces New Partnership with The London Idea
- Former Jet Blue CEO donates $10 million to Barger Leadership Institute
- BLI Hires a New Assistant Director
- BLI to Co-Host ‘Extreme by Design’ Film Screening, Discussion
- BLI awards Small Grant for Halfway Hijabi event
- BLI Launches New Capstone Experience
- BLI Launches New Fellows Program Structure
- Keep Calm and Lead On
- BLI Fellow Wins Wolverine Tank Pitch Contest
- BLI Congratulates Mya Haynes
- BLI Alumni Receive 2015-2016 Fulbright Honor
- The 2018 London Ideas Project is Announced
- Congrats to BLI partner Sandra Levitsky for being awarded the Golden Apple!
- Congrats to BLI Fellow and Peer Facilitator Elisabeth Benham
- Tales of Leadership: The Advanced Fellows Journey
- Welcome to the 2018 Capstone Cohort!
- BLI welcomes new director!
- BLI Across the Pond
- BLI Hosts Voting Guru Nancy Thomas
- Ram Mahalingam's award winning film to be screened at two film festivals.
- The Capstone Experience with the Migrant Education Initiative
- The Mindful Leader - Becoming an Engaged Leader
- A Weekend of Mindful Leadership
- Introducing the 2019 Capstone Teams
- The Peer Facilitator Experience
- Dinners with...
- BLI Students Start Small and Dream Big in Detroit
- From Freshman to Senior Year -- Four Years of Leadership Learning
- BLI Speaker Series: Food For Thought
- BLI Director, Ram Mahalingam featured in the Record
- Capstone Bootcamp 2019
- In a Distracted World, Solitude is Practice for Tomorrow’s Leaders
- A Conversation on Mindfulness, Bias and Racial Justice — a podcast with Ram Mahalingam
- The Mindful Leaders Retreat — Laying a Foundation
- Being a good leader is knowing when to practice gratitude
- Channeling Mindfulness
- Compassionate Leadership: Creating a Just, Inclusive and Mindful Society with Mirabai Bush
- Dinners With...
- Announcing Capstone 2020 Teams!
- Meet our 2020 Leadership Lab Teams!
- Leading Mindfully
- A Senior's Reflection on Peer Facilitating
- Expect Challenges
- Reflecting Back and Looking Forward
- From Leadership Lab, to Peer Facilitator, to Program Assistant
- Project Healthy Schools Global
- Learning to be an Effective Leader
- Leading Life with Dignity: A Challenge of Our Time
- Pause, Reflect, and Create
- What's Happening in the Lab?
- Capstone 3D Virtual Gallery
- Announcing the Break Away Podcast!
- BLI Advanced Fellow featured in M-LEAD's Leadership Lens Series!
- Two BLI Advanced Fellows Receive the Renowned MLK Spirit Award
- Stand Against Asian Violence
- BLI Hosts Alumni Panel
- Announcing the BLI's 2021 Capstone Cohort
- BLI Offers COVID-19 Hardship Grants
- ALA 175: Foundations in Leadership
- The Peer Facilitator Leadership Experience
- What's Happening in the Lab
- Capstone Boot Camp 2021
- Mindful Leader Reflection
- Archived News
- All Events
The Barger Leadership Institute is delighted to announce that Mary H. Schlitt has been named assistant director. Mary is a strategic relationship builder, fundraiser, and champion for young professionals in the nonprofit sector. After devoting more than 15 years advancing the missions of four respected nonprofit organizations, she believes in the power of positive collaboration to generate opportunity and resources.
In her most recent role as chief development officer at Food Gatherers, Mary worked in coordination with other senior leadership team members to create a servant-leadership culture that valued organizational efficiency, community stakeholders and fun in equal measure. Under her leadership, Food Gatherers’ added multi-channel marketing campaigns for new and existing donors that helped nearly double fundraising revenue. In addition, she secured the lead gift in a $2M capital campaign and organized two of Food Gatherers’ highest grossing special events. Previously, at the Smithsonian Institution Archives of American Art, she coordinated 200+ guest black-tie benefit galas and one symposium in New York City honoring prominent American artists, dealers, and collectors. As a former chair of the Association of Fundraising Professionals Ann Arbor affiliate, Mary contributed to the professional development of her colleagues and continues to serve as a mentor to young professionals in the field.
As the BLI Assistant Director, Mary will have primary operational responsibility for all aspects of the institute’s day to day management. She will develop relationships with and serve as liaison to partners on and off campus, and work with potential donors and stewardship of existing alumni relationships in partnership with LSA Advancement. Mary will additionally aid the Director in the strategic development and funding of new programs and opportunities in the region and around the world.
Mary, a 2017 +Lab Fellow, through the Center for Positive Organizations, Ross School of Business, holds a Master of Public Administration and a bachelor's in psychology from the University of Michigan. She is a native Michigander and lives in Ann Arbor with her college sweetheart, her ambitious nine-year-old, and curious two-year-old twins.
Mary will join the BLI team on Monday, December 4. Please take a moment to stop by her office, introduce yourself, and welcome her to the BLI!
824 Weiser Hall | 500 Church Street | Ann Arbor
Ph: (734) 615-9059