- All News
- Search News
- BLI announces a new Access Opportunity
- Barger Leadership Institute is moving!
- BLI Announces New Partnership with The London Idea
- Former Jet Blue CEO donates $10 million to Barger Leadership Institute
- BLI Hires a New Assistant Director
- BLI to Co-Host ‘Extreme by Design’ Film Screening, Discussion
- BLI awards Small Grant for Halfway Hijabi event
- BLI Launches New Capstone Experience
- BLI Launches New Fellows Program Structure
- Keep Calm and Lead On
- BLI Fellow Wins Wolverine Tank Pitch Contest
- BLI Congratulates Mya Haynes
- BLI Alumni Receive 2015-2016 Fulbright Honor
- The 2018 London Ideas Project is Announced
- Congrats to BLI partner Sandra Levitsky for being awarded the Golden Apple!
- Congrats to BLI Fellow and Peer Facilitator Elisabeth Benham
- Tales of Leadership: The Advanced Fellows Journey
- Welcome to the 2018 Capstone Cohort!
- BLI welcomes new director!
- BLI Across the Pond
- BLI Hosts Voting Guru Nancy Thomas
- Ram Mahalingam's award winning film to be screened at two film festivals.
- The Capstone Experience with the Migrant Education Initiative
- The Mindful Leader - Becoming an Engaged Leader
- A Weekend of Mindful Leadership
- Introducing the 2019 Capstone Teams
- The Peer Facilitator Experience
- Dinners with...
- BLI Students Start Small and Dream Big in Detroit
- From Freshman to Senior Year -- Four Years of Leadership Learning
- BLI Speaker Series: Food For Thought
- BLI Director, Ram Mahalingam featured in the Record
- Capstone Bootcamp 2019
- In a Distracted World, Solitude is Practice for Tomorrow’s Leaders
- A Conversation on Mindfulness, Bias and Racial Justice — a podcast with Ram Mahalingam
- The Mindful Leaders Retreat — Laying a Foundation
- Being a good leader is knowing when to practice gratitude
- Channeling Mindfulness
- Compassionate Leadership: Creating a Just, Inclusive and Mindful Society with Mirabai Bush
- Dinners With...
- Announcing Capstone 2020 Teams!
- Meet our 2020 Leadership Lab Teams!
- Leading Mindfully
- A Senior's Reflection on Peer Facilitating
- Expect Challenges
- Reflecting Back and Looking Forward
- From Leadership Lab, to Peer Facilitator, to Program Assistant
- Project Healthy Schools Global
- Learning to be an Effective Leader
- Leading Life with Dignity: A Challenge of Our Time
- Pause, Reflect, and Create
- What's Happening in the Lab?
- Capstone 3D Virtual Gallery
- Announcing the Break Away Podcast!
- BLI Advanced Fellow featured in M-LEAD's Leadership Lens Series!
- Two BLI Advanced Fellows Receive the Renowned MLK Spirit Award
- Stand Against Asian Violence
- BLI Hosts Alumni Panel
- Announcing the BLI's 2021 Capstone Cohort
- BLI Offers COVID-19 Hardship Grants
- ALA 175: Foundations in Leadership
- The Peer Facilitator Leadership Experience
- What's Happening in the Lab
- Capstone Boot Camp 2021
- Mindful Leader Reflection
- Mindful Leader Retreat Review
- Archived News
- All Events
The Barger Leadership Institute and The London Idea are thrilled to announce the 2018 London Idea Project – Venue Tourist! Venue Tourist is a 3D modeling service lead by Connor Tullis and Sven Wollschlaeger that offers a fully customizable virtual tour experience for venues seeking new customers.
In 2017 The London Idea Foundation formed a partnership with the BLI to fund, mentor, and develop a London Idea Project - a small group of proven undergraduate student leaders with a strong foundation of an idea to build. The student team selected as the BLI Capstone Experience - London Idea Project will benefit from specialized support for their action plan as well as a Mentorship Network and Summer Immersion Program led by The London Idea
BLI Capstone Experience
The Capstone Experience cultivates evidence-based leadership among student teams as they pursue significant collaborative projects over the course of eight months. BLI has selected nine undergraduate teams to take part in the 2018 Capstone Experience in Evidence-Based Leadership. Read more about the Capstone program, and the selected teams here. The Capstone Experience kicks off next week during a week-long boot camp. During boot camp, teams will attend workshops, receive coaching, refine their written proposals, and then present their project to a panel of leaders and honored guests before embarking on the research and implementation phases of their projects.
The London Idea
The London Idea was created to celebrate the legacy of Adam London, a 2011 graduate of the University, majoring in Organizational Studies. He was an innovative ideator, a passionate creator, and an avid explorer. He spent much of his life encouraging his friends, family, and coworkers to pursue their ideas and follow their passions. Adam was a connector — he masterfully connected people with common interests in order to facilitate the fruition of their individual ideas. He worked in the tech world but loved reading hard-cover books, watching movie trailers, traveling the world taking photos, and collaborating over a good cup of coffee. Ultimately, Adam was trying to understand people, how they think, how they create ideas and how he could encourage them to pursue their goals.
The London Idea Foundation continues Adam’s work connecting people and ideas. The Foundation Board and membership consist of creatives, professionals, entrepreneurs, and connectors dedicated to bringing to life great ideas from across the spectrum — ideation, creation, or exploration— to life.