- All News
- Search News
- BLI announces a new Access Opportunity
- Barger Leadership Institute is moving!
- BLI Announces New Partnership with The London Idea
- Former Jet Blue CEO donates $10 million to Barger Leadership Institute
- BLI Hires a New Assistant Director
- BLI to Co-Host ‘Extreme by Design’ Film Screening, Discussion
- BLI awards Small Grant for Halfway Hijabi event
- BLI Launches New Capstone Experience
- BLI Launches New Fellows Program Structure
- Keep Calm and Lead On
- BLI Fellow Wins Wolverine Tank Pitch Contest
- BLI Congratulates Mya Haynes
- BLI Alumni Receive 2015-2016 Fulbright Honor
- The 2018 London Ideas Project is Announced
- Congrats to BLI partner Sandra Levitsky for being awarded the Golden Apple!
- Congrats to BLI Fellow and Peer Facilitator Elisabeth Benham
- Tales of Leadership: The Advanced Fellows Journey
- Welcome to the 2018 Capstone Cohort!
- BLI welcomes new director!
- BLI Across the Pond
- BLI Hosts Voting Guru Nancy Thomas
- Ram Mahalingam's award winning film to be screened at two film festivals.
- The Capstone Experience with the Migrant Education Initiative
- The Mindful Leader - Becoming an Engaged Leader
- A Weekend of Mindful Leadership
- Introducing the 2019 Capstone Teams
- The Peer Facilitator Experience
- Dinners with...
- BLI Students Start Small and Dream Big in Detroit
- From Freshman to Senior Year -- Four Years of Leadership Learning
- BLI Speaker Series: Food For Thought
- BLI Director, Ram Mahalingam featured in the Record
- Capstone Bootcamp 2019
- In a Distracted World, Solitude is Practice for Tomorrow’s Leaders
- A Conversation on Mindfulness, Bias and Racial Justice — a podcast with Ram Mahalingam
- The Mindful Leaders Retreat — Laying a Foundation
- Being a good leader is knowing when to practice gratitude
- Channeling Mindfulness
- Compassionate Leadership: Creating a Just, Inclusive and Mindful Society with Mirabai Bush
- Dinners With...
- Announcing Capstone 2020 Teams!
- Meet our 2020 Leadership Lab Teams!
- Leading Mindfully
- A Senior's Reflection on Peer Facilitating
- Expect Challenges
- Reflecting Back and Looking Forward
- From Leadership Lab, to Peer Facilitator, to Program Assistant
- Project Healthy Schools Global
- Learning to be an Effective Leader
- Leading Life with Dignity: A Challenge of Our Time
- Pause, Reflect, and Create
- What's Happening in the Lab?
- Capstone 3D Virtual Gallery
- Announcing the Break Away Podcast!
- BLI Advanced Fellow featured in M-LEAD's Leadership Lens Series!
- Two BLI Advanced Fellows Receive the Renowned MLK Spirit Award
- Stand Against Asian Violence
- BLI Hosts Alumni Panel
- Announcing the BLI's 2021 Capstone Cohort
- BLI Offers COVID-19 Hardship Grants
- ALA 175: Foundations in Leadership
- The Peer Facilitator Leadership Experience
- What's Happening in the Lab
- Capstone Boot Camp 2021
- Mindful Leader Reflection
- Archived News
- All Events
Being a good leader is knowing when to practice gratitude
Leadership, it's kind of a big deal these days in the media and on campus. And while talking about leadership is great, we have found that working together with strategic campus partners builds trust, empathy and productive relationships. We would like to take a moment this Giving Blue Day to show gratitude to the united efforts of our campus partners. Their partnerships support our programming, engage new students in our programming, and further promote our mission of life-long leadership learning.
Together we’ve co-facilitated a leadership course for incoming first-year students, supported first-gen students through funding and experiential learning opportunities, and partnered to increase the number of eligible student voters and encourage participation at the polls for all elections.
With their support, we’ve offered a variety of workshops to our students including Social Identities, Power and Privilege, Inclusive Leadership, and Working with Communities. These workshops strengthen the work of our Advanced Leadership Fellows and strive to deepen their self-awareness.
We cannot do our work without their collaboration. This Giving Blue Day, please consider making a gift (using the links provided) to one of our remarkable campus partners,
The Comprehensive Studies Program (CSP) is a premier student success program organized around the principles of diversity, access, equity, and inclusion. They promote academic excellence and champion personal growth and wellness for all students within the University of Michigan.
The Ginsberg Center cultivates and stewards equitable partnerships between communities and the University of Michigan in order to advance social change for the public good. Based upon this mission, their vision is for inclusive democracy; thriving, diverse communities; and equity and social justice.
The Program on Intergroup Relations (IGR) is committed to helping students, and those who work with them, pursue social justice through educational engagement, practice, and pedagogy.
Sociology Opportunities for Undergraduate Leaders (SOUL) is the first department-level leadership program for first-generation college students at the University of Michigan. Sociology recognizes that first-generation college students at the University of Michigan face unusual social, academic, and financial challenges and created a program designed to cultivate and support first-generation leaders.