- All News
- Search News
- BLI announces a new Access Opportunity
- Barger Leadership Institute is moving!
- BLI Announces New Partnership with The London Idea
- Former Jet Blue CEO donates $10 million to Barger Leadership Institute
- BLI Hires a New Assistant Director
- BLI to Co-Host ‘Extreme by Design’ Film Screening, Discussion
- BLI awards Small Grant for Halfway Hijabi event
- BLI Launches New Capstone Experience
- BLI Launches New Fellows Program Structure
- Keep Calm and Lead On
- BLI Fellow Wins Wolverine Tank Pitch Contest
- BLI Congratulates Mya Haynes
- BLI Alumni Receive 2015-2016 Fulbright Honor
- The 2018 London Ideas Project is Announced
- Congrats to BLI partner Sandra Levitsky for being awarded the Golden Apple!
- Congrats to BLI Fellow and Peer Facilitator Elisabeth Benham
- Tales of Leadership: The Advanced Fellows Journey
- Welcome to the 2018 Capstone Cohort!
- BLI welcomes new director!
- BLI Across the Pond
- BLI Hosts Voting Guru Nancy Thomas
- Ram Mahalingam's award winning film to be screened at two film festivals.
- The Capstone Experience with the Migrant Education Initiative
- The Mindful Leader - Becoming an Engaged Leader
- A Weekend of Mindful Leadership
- Introducing the 2019 Capstone Teams
- The Peer Facilitator Experience
- Dinners with...
- BLI Students Start Small and Dream Big in Detroit
- From Freshman to Senior Year -- Four Years of Leadership Learning
- BLI Speaker Series: Food For Thought
- BLI Director, Ram Mahalingam featured in the Record
- Capstone Bootcamp 2019
- In a Distracted World, Solitude is Practice for Tomorrow’s Leaders
- A Conversation on Mindfulness, Bias and Racial Justice — a podcast with Ram Mahalingam
- The Mindful Leaders Retreat — Laying a Foundation
- Being a good leader is knowing when to practice gratitude
- Channeling Mindfulness
- Compassionate Leadership: Creating a Just, Inclusive and Mindful Society with Mirabai Bush
- Dinners With...
- Announcing Capstone 2020 Teams!
- Meet our 2020 Leadership Lab Teams!
- Leading Mindfully
- A Senior's Reflection on Peer Facilitating
- Expect Challenges
- Reflecting Back and Looking Forward
- From Leadership Lab, to Peer Facilitator, to Program Assistant
- Project Healthy Schools Global
- Learning to be an Effective Leader
- Leading Life with Dignity: A Challenge of Our Time
- Pause, Reflect, and Create
- What's Happening in the Lab?
- Capstone 3D Virtual Gallery
- Announcing the Break Away Podcast!
- BLI Advanced Fellow featured in M-LEAD's Leadership Lens Series!
- Two BLI Advanced Fellows Receive the Renowned MLK Spirit Award
- Stand Against Asian Violence
- BLI Hosts Alumni Panel
- Announcing the BLI's 2021 Capstone Cohort
- BLI Offers COVID-19 Hardship Grants
- ALA 175: Foundations in Leadership
- The Peer Facilitator Leadership Experience
- What's Happening in the Lab
- Capstone Boot Camp 2021
- Mindful Leader Reflection
- Archived News
- All Events
The BLI Dinner with... series offers a valuable opportunity for Leadership Fellows to enjoy a dinner with a BLI stakeholder and get a behind the curtain view of their leadership journey. Dinner attendees build community, share leadership interests, and cultivate meaningful connections in an informal setting.
Dinner with Rick Price and Ram Mahalingam
Our dinner with Ram and Rick was an eye-opening experience! We heard some insider information directly from Rick, the founding director, about how the Barger Leadership Institute began, and we learned from Ram, the current director, about where he hopes to take the program in the future. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to enjoy some delicious food and interesting conversations with my fellow BLI members.
- Camron Razdar
Dinner with Crystal Ashby
I enjoyed the opportunity to have dinner with Crystal Ashby and learned so much through her educational and professional experiences. I hope to go to law school and hearing how Crystal used her law degree in so many ways has inspired me to think about all of the opportunities I have in my future. Crystal's outgoing personality and energy are qualities that I strive to embody in my professional future.
- Peyton Sternfeld
Dinner with Lisa Miller and Dave Kowal
Dinners with are really a hidden gem in BLI. Lisa and Dave talked to us about their own experiences of not knowing what the future held for them once they graduated and their path towards the successful lives they conduct today. Lisa taught me something especially important, about how important it was to go out, take a break from your obligations, and really see the world. And also from her personal experience, that it was okay to turn your life around to pursue something you find interesting. I think her experiences fully embody the "falling but getting up stronger" mentality.
- Jessica Wang
Dinner with Mary Schlitt
Having Dinner with Mary was a delight, she gave meaningful advice and affirmed many of my future endeavors. BLI has offered many opportunities for networking, and Dinners with has been one of my favorites.
- Tiana Huang