Open: For Winter 2021 we are offering Project Grants only for COVID-19 related endeavors. Please see the COVID-19 grant page for information.
BLI Student Project funding is intended to (1) stimulate learning about leadership through practice, (2) encourage and support student initiative, and (3) seed innovative projects that will contribute to the Institute, campus community, and/or society.
BLI Leadership Fellows may be awarded up to $1,500 in funding to support medium to long-term, team-based projects that address issues about which they are passionate.
Leadership for Peace
Student Project applicants may apply for up to $500 of additional funding through the Leadership for Peace Initiative. The BLI Leadership for Peace Initiative aims to cultivate active citizens of the world who can utilize research and critical thinking skills to engage with different cultural perspectives and make a positive impact in the global community.
Past Examples of Projects:
- An original theatrical production
- Tutoring and college prep mentoring at local, under-privileged high schools
- Development of a resource center for youth with an international non-profit organization
- Building water tanks in rural Brazil
- Providing iPads to cancer patients
- [Insert your project here!]
BLI Project Grants are for BLI Leadership Fellows only.