This hands-on, interactive, Applied Liberal Arts class is specially designed to help students develop the skills and confidence they need to grow as leaders. Group exercises and a self-designed team project allow them to practice and reflect on key leadership roles. Their experiences in the Leadership Lab will help them be more confident and successful in their work on campus, in their community, and in the world. The Leadership Labs will be offered under the course number ALA 175.
What Will Members Learn in the Leadership Lab?
The Leadership Lab will help students learn to:
- Work with a group to identify important problems, develop innovative solutions, implement and improve their ideas
- Collect evidence about problems and solutions that are important to them through leadership experiments that test their ideas against the world
- Build a leadership “toolkit” that is based on their own skills, ability, vision, and personal style
- Reflect on their experiences in order to continuously improve their effectiveness and the teams they work with
ALA 175 Winter 2020
The next iteration of ALA 175 starts the week of March 9th! Official course listings are on the LSA Course Guide. The times the course is offered is listed below:
- 31484 Mondays - 7 to 9 pm, 110 Weiser Hall
- 31485 Tuesdays - 6 to 8 pm, B3560
- 31486 Wednesdays - 4 to 6 pm, 1060 BSB
Want to learn more?
Join us for the Leadership Lunch: ALA 175 info session on Friday, February 21 · 12-1:30 PM · Weiser Hall 8th floor. RSVP here!