FalThis hands-on, interactive Applied Liberal Arts class is specially designed to help students develop the skills and confidence they need to grow as leaders. Group exercises and a self-designed team project allow them to practice and reflect on key leadership roles. Their experiences in the Leadership Lab will help them be more confident and successful in their work on campus, in their community, and in the world. The Leadership Labs will be offered under the course number ALA 170.
What Will Fellows Learn in the Leadership Lab?
The Leadership Lab will help students learn to:
- Work with a group to identify important problems, develop innovative solutions, implement and improve their ideas
- Collect evidence about problems and solutions that are important to them through leadership experiments that test their ideas against the world
- Build a leadership “toolkit” that is based on their own skills, ability, vision, and personal style
- Reflect on their experiences in order to continuously improve their effectiveness and the teams they work with
ALA 170, Leadership Lab for Winter 2018, Classes start 1/3/2018
First half of the term
- Tuesdays | 6:00-8:00pm | Class #28682
- Fridays | 9:30-11:30am | Class #32776
Second half of the term
- Monday | 6:00-8:00am | Class #32819
- Tuesdays | 6:00-8:00pm | Class #32851
- Fridays | 9:30-11:30am | Class #32852