Biophysics Graduate Student Travel Grants are intended to assist in providing opportunities for our PhD students to participate in professional connections with others in their academic field. These awards are intended to supplement Rackham Travel Grant funding (Biophysics will supplement the remaining expenses as listed on the student's application up to $1,500).
- The maximum grant amount is up to $1,500 per student.
- A student can only apply for one travel grant per fiscal year (July 1 to June 30)
- Up to ten travel grants are available within a fiscal year, although we make every effort to fund as many as we can.
- The student's research mentor is expected to cover the remainder of the costs.
- Any travel must be completed by August 30th of the following fiscal year (two months after the end of the application period).
- Funds will be distributed on a reimbursable basis after the trip is completed (receipts required).
- Funds can be used to support travel, lodging, registration or printing costs (not meals or incidentals)
Students are eligible to apply for a Biophysics travel grant if
- The student is in good academic standing in the Biophysics PhD program
- The student has been accepted to present a poster or paper at a conference
- The student has applied for a Rackham Travel Grant award for the same conference *or* already exhausted their Rackham Travel Grant award for the fiscal year
Ongoing. Applications, including letter of recommendation, must be received before the first day of planned travel. Applications will not be considered for retroactive funding.
Please contact Biophysics Student Services if you have any questions.