FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT: Outreach & Adopt -A-Park Assistant needed for employment with the City of Ann Arbor, natural Area Preservation... Apply by:
Outreach Assistant needed for employment with the City of Ann Arbor, MI.,
Natural Area Preservation (NAP).
Work within NAP Outreach Team to promote the Adopt-A-Park program and NAP, including:
- Promote healthy parks through work with neighborhood groups
- Coordinate and conduct park workdays, including tree and flower plantings and cleanups
- Actively recruit volunteers, train and direct
- Write and distribute press releases
- Attend various fairs and exhibits for recruiting and educational purposes
- Keep detailed, accurate records of all work performed
- Perform various other duties necessary for the functioning of Adopt-A-Park and NAP
*A notable portion of this work will be office-task oriented
- Friendly, outgoing personality, suitable for working with the public and answering the phone
- Understanding of gardening and tree planting
- Understanding of ecological issues related to urban natural area management
- Experience recruiting and coordinating volunteers
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including weekends
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills
- Proficiency with PC software, particularly Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel; social media and databases; and an ability to learn new software quickly
- Ability to lift and carry moderately heavy items as well as sit and stand for long periods of time
- Valid Michigan Driver's License , CPR certification, and First Aid certification
- All employees are required to receive payment by direct deposit
- The City of Ann Arbor is a drug-free workplace. You may be required to submit to a drug screen during the hiring process.
SALARY: $12.25/hour; 40 hours/week; including evenings and weekends.
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT: This is a 10-month, seasonal/temporary position with options to work after 2 months layoff.
TO APPLY: Send resume, cover letter, and three references to Tina Roselle, Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator, Natural Area Preservation, 1831 Traver Rd. Ann Arbor, MI 48105 or to email@example.com, 734.794.6627 by Wednesday, February 27th, 2013.