- All News
- ELT Postdoctoral Fellowship Position Available
- Tenure-Track Position Available
- 2023 Graduation Celebration
- 2023 Undergraduate Poster Session
- Predoctoral Fellowship Awards
- Undergraduate Student Wins Annual Excellence in Upper Level Writing Award
- Ralph B. Baldwin Prize Winner
- Join the U-M Department of Astronomy at the LSA Major/Minor Expo
- 2023 Hertz Foundation Fellowship
- All Events
- News Archive
Our department is thrilled to share that Kathryn Hunter, an undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Interdisciplinary Astronomy, is the receipient of the Excellence in Upper-Level Writing Award. This award is provided by the Gayle Morris Sweetland Center for Writing. Hunter's article Land Rights on Mauna Kea: A Case Study on Indigenous Sovereignty, Environmental Preservation, and Reparatory Justice was written in the context of ASTRO 429: Scientific Writing and Communication in Astronomy.
You can read Hunter's article HERE.
Published on 4/20/23.