The department will be celebrating our 2021 graduates through a video celebration. This will premiere live on YouTube on April 29th at 9:00pm. It will then be available on our website and on YouTube following it's premiere.
ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FROM 2020-2021 SENIORS UNTIL APRIL 5, 2021.
There are two options for how the department can honor you as part of the video celebration—a slide or a 30-second video. Either way, please fill out this form by April 5 with your intentions.
- If you select slide on the Google Form, you will be taken to a section that asks you to provide information on 1) your favorite ALC memories and 2) your post-graduation plans. Feel free to be as detailed as you like - this is your time!
- Upload a photo of yourself on the Google Form - this does not have to be a professional headshow and we would love a photo that really represents you and your personality.
- Here are the guidelines
- The video must not exceed 30 seconds.
- You may work with another ALC graduate and combine your time (30 seconds per person) but you must adhere to COVID-19 restrictions in your area if you meet in person.
- The video may be filmed on your laptop (recording on Zoom with a virtual background or filter would be fun! There is even a graduation cap filter!), phone, or camera. If you use your phone, shoot horizontally.
- Check the sound!
- Feel free to be as creative as you like with your time. You could animate something, reflect on your time at U-M, or simply speak about where you are going from here and thank those that got you to graduation. This is a great opportunity to show off your skills and showcase your personality.
- You are welcome to speak in an Asian language if you want! If you do, provide a translation - either within the video or on a separate document alongside your video submission in the DropBox and we will subtitle it.
- We encourage you to have fun with this—we are celebrating you, after all!
- Videos must be uploaded to this DropBox (as well as any additional documents such as translations) labeled as your first and last name no later than April 5.
We are so excited to celebrate with you and your family and hope to see you all on April 29th. If you have any questions will preparing your submissions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Student Services Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org.