To support the University of Michigan's efforts to help minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus, all advising appointments will be conducted virtually through the Fall 2020 Semester via Zoom or by phone. Walk-in advising will be suspended until further notice.
Thom Chivens | Advisor
The Undergraduate Advisor provides interested students with information and guidance in planning a major or minor. Upon review of the information on our majors and minors, we encourage you to meet with the advisor, Thom Chivens, in order to discuss specific courses and ways in which anthropology can contribute to your career goals. Dr. Chivens is available for advising appointments in the Fall, Winter and Spring terms. Click the button below to schedule an appointment.
Melinda Nelson | Undergraduate Program Coordinator
The Undergraduate Program Coordinator is available to answer basic advising questions via email at email@example.com. However, some questions require an appointment, such as questions about: transfer or study abroad credits or senior audit (a.k.a. major or minor release). Please click on the button below to schedule an appointment. Ms. Nelson is available for scheduled advising appointments year round. You may choose to conduct your advising appointment either via Zoom or by phone, you will recieve a Zoom link before your appointment or a phone call at your scheduled time.
Resources in Support of Student Well-Being
Attending to basic needs for students:
- The Dean of Students Office is the central location to coordinate help for students. If you are facing financial hardship, see Student Emergency Funds.
- The Maize and Blue Cupboard is still open and providing food. There is no cost.
- U-M Student Well-being website
- Refer to the Student Life Offerings during Covid-19 document, gathered by the Well-being Network.
- CAPS Mental Health Care Package
- UHS’s Coping & Practicing Resilience during COVID-19.
- Students can sign up for Virtual Wellness Coaching!
- Adjusting your study habits during Covid.