Erin Bumann, a 2004 Anthropology Alumna, publishes two papers on dentistry.
- Bumann, E.; Hahn Leat, P.; Wang, H.; Hufft-Martinez, B.; Wang, W.; Tran, P. Genetic interaction of Thm2 and Thm1 Shapes Postnatal Craniofacial Bone. J. Dev. Biol. 2022, 10, 17. PMID: 35645293
- Chandrashekara, G.; AlQarni, S., Bumann, E.E.; and Lee, Y. Collaborative Deep Learning Model for Tooth Segmentation and Identification using Panoramic Radiographs. Computers in Medicine 148. 2022. PMID: 35868047
In addition to Dr. Bumann's papers, she has also given a multitude of presentations furthering growth in the dentistry field.
- Bumann E. 2022. American Association for Dental, Oral, and Craniofacial Research Annual Meeting. National Student Research Group and Student Training Research (STAR) Network Symposium. Navigating and Negotiating Your Future Career. March 25th
- Bumann E. & P. Tran 2022. Translation Research Series. Role of genetic interaction between ciliary paralogs, Thm2 and Thm1, in postnatal skeletogenesis. Stowers Medical Research Institute, Kansas City, Mo. May 10th.
- Bumann E. 2022. 20th Congress of the International Federation of Associations of Anatomists. Korean Association of Anatomists Symposium – Craniofacial Development and Regeneration. Lower Jaw Bone Length is Altered by Pharmacological Inhibition of Embryonic Avian Osteoclast Activity. August 7th.
- Bumann E. 2022. Second Premolar Emergence by Demographics in US School-aged Children. American Association for Dental, Oral, and Craniofacial Research Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA. March 24th.
Dr. Bumann is an assistant professor withtin the University of Missouri's-Kansas City School of Dentistry.