The College of LSA offers an application fee waiver program – a $75 savings to domestic applicants. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
1. have a record of superior academic achievement;
2. are U.S. citizens or permanent residents;
AND meet one or more of the following additional criteria:
3. come from an educational, cultural or geographic background that is underrepresented in graduate study in your discipline in the United States or at the University of Michigan;
4. have demonstrated a commitment to diversity in the academic, professional, or civic realm through their work experience, volunteer engagement, or leadership of student or community organizations. By diversity, we mean efforts to reduce social, educational or economic disparities based on race, ethnicity or gender, or to improve race relations in the U.S.;
5. have experienced financial hardship as a result of family economic circumstances;
6. are first generation U.S. citizens or first generation in their families to graduate from a four‐year college.
The Rackham Graduate School also provides fee waives, the criteria and application process for which can be accessed here.
Please contact the program director, Dr. Ian Moyer (email@example.com), if you are interested in receiving a fee waiver.