- Navigating Difficulties
- Staying Motivated
- Study Tools and Academic Resources
- Managing Your Time
- How Do You Learn?
- Getting the Most from Class Time
- Reading Techniques
- Preparing for Tests
- Consulting with Faculty
- Collaborating with Peers
- Understand Your Grades
- Course-Specific Strategies
- GPA Calculator
The most effective strategy for preparing for exams is sustained and cumulative review throughout the semester.
- Each week, actively review new material in short study sessions. After you are confident that you understand the new material, set it aside and go on to something else.
- The next day, test yourself to see how much you remember. If you are not comfortable with your recall of the material, actively review it again.
- The following day, come back and test yourself. As you learn the material, gradually increase the time between study sessions.
Also consider Getting the Most Time Out of Class by preparing for class, through creating an optimal learning environment and creating a structure for each class meeting with effective and useful notes.