Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Petition for Exception

Students may request a requirement substitution or policy exception by submitting a petition. Students who are members of the Honors Program petition the Honors Academic Board; Residential College students petition the RC Board on Academic Standing. All other LSA students petition the LSA Academic Standards Board.

Substitutions for General LSA Requirements

Exceptions for Major or Minor Requirements

Only departmental advisors can approve substitutions or exceptions for the major or minor. Please contact the department to find out about their policies and procedures.

Academic Policy Exceptions