You may use the online FERPA release form to authorize release of your advising record and related academic information to third parties.
Designated Pronoun Opt-Out
You can visit the Designated Pronoun Opt-Out page if you do not want your designated pronoun shown in the LSA Student Advising File and related applications.
Petitioning the Academic Standards Board
Exceptions to college policies may be granted only upon written petition to the Academic Standards Board. See Petitioning the Academic Standards Board (PDF) for more information.
- Petition for an Exception to the Late Add Deadline
During Period III Drop/Add, use this form to request a Late Add.
- Request for Term Withdrawal
If you wish to withdraw once classes have begun.
- Petition for Retroactive Course Drop (PDF)
Approval for course drops after classes end for that term is extremely rare and is only granted for extraordinary circumstances. There is a one-year deadline, and you must make a case that you were unable to complete the class and unable to request the drop during the term due to a non-academic event or issue. You must also explain “why this class and not the others.”
- Petition for Retroactive Term Withdrawal (PDF)
Students who want a term withdrawal after the last day of classes must submit a petition. There is a one-year deadline, and you must make a case that you were unable to complete the term and unable to request a withdrawal during the term due to a non-academic event or issue.
Requirement Substitutions and Exceptions
- Bachelor of Science Eligibility Petition
Use this petition to request that a course be counted as Bachelor of Science credit.
- Distribution Requirement Petition
Follow the directions on this petition to request a distribution substitution.
- Exception to Winter 2020 Semester Grade Uncovering Deadline
- Race & Ethnicity Requirement Substitution Petition
Use this petition to request a substitution for the R&E Requirement.
- Quantitative Reasoning Requirement Substitution Petition
Use this petition to request a substitution for the QR Requirement
Use this form to apply for reactivation if you have been away from the College for more than two calendar years (24 months).
Incompletes and Modifications
- Request for Modification of Credit Hours - This form is to be used if you are modifying a course within the credit-hour range that is allowed for the course or if you want to take a course for more credit hours than the course is allowed.
- Petition for Late Modification of Credit Hours After Late Drop Deadline - Use this form after the late drop/add deadline to modify course credits. The 2021-2022 deadlines for this petition are: December 10 for Fall Term 2021; April 19 for Winter Term 2022; June 20 for Spring Term 2022; August 16 for Spring/Summer 2022; and August 16 for Summer Term 2022.
- Request for Audit Status (PDF) - Use this form if you are seeking to officially audit a course.
- Application for Retroactive Credits (PDF) - Use this form to apply for language retroactive credits if you have met the guidelines.
- Time Extension for Incomplete - Use this form if you have an Incomplete and extenuating circumstances cause you to need an extension beyond the deadline.
- Instructor-Student Agreement for Finishing an Incomplete Course (PDF) - Use this form if you (student or instructor) are making arrangements for an Incomplete.
Forms for Undergraduate Dual Degrees
- Application for an Undergraduate Dual Degree Program in LSA and another school or college (PDF)
Complete this form to apply for a joint degree with LSA and another school or college.
Dean's Recommendation Form
Professional and graduate schools, professional associations, and prospective employers may require Dean's Recommendation forms. The forms usually say something like: "To be filled out by College Dean or official."
AP Credit Removal
If you decide you no longer wish to have your AP credits counted toward completion of your LSA degree, you may use the online AP credit removal form to request the removal of AP credits from your transcript. Credits will be removed only after consultation with an academic advisor.