You may use the online FERPA release form to authorize release of your advising record and related academic information to third parties.
Petitioning the Academic Standards Board
Exceptions to college policies may be granted only upon written petition to the Academic Standards Board. See Petitioning the Academic Standards Board (PDF) for more information.
- Mini Course Drop Form (PDF)
Use this form to drop mini courses that are 9 weeks or less. The deadline is the day before the final exam.
- Petition for an Exception to the Late Drop Deadline
Use this form after Period II, when the late drop period is over.
- Petition for an Exception to the Late Add Deadline
During Period III Drop/Add, use this form to request a Late Add.
- Request for Term Withdrawal (PDF)
If you wish to withdraw once classes have begun, you should contact the Academic Advising Center.
- Petition for Retroactive Course Drop (PDF)
Approval for course drops after classes end for that term is extremely rare and is only granted for extraordinary circumstances. There is a one-year deadline, and you must make a case that you were unable to complete the class and unable to request the drop during the term due to a non-academic event or issue. You must also explain “why this class and not the others.”
- Petition for Retroactive Term Withdrawal (PDF)
Students who want a term withdrawal after the last day of classes must submit a petition. There is a one-year deadline, and you must make a case that you were unable to complete the term and unable to request a withdrawal during the term due to a non-academic event or issue.
Requirement Substitutions and Exceptions
- Distribution Requirement Petition
Follow the directions on this petition to request a distribution substitution.
- Race & Ethnicity Requirement Substitution Petition
Use this petition to request a substitution for the R&E Requirement.
- Quantitative Reasoning Requirement Substitution Petition
Use this petition to request a substitution for the QR Requirement
Forms for BGS, IMP, and Joint Degrees
- IMP Cover Page (PDF)
Use this cover page for an Individual Major Program proposal.
- Bachelor of Graduate Studies (BGS) Upper-Level Hour Worksheet (PDF)
Use this worksheet to list BGS upper-level credits in various subjects (no more than 20 credits in one subject). Always confirm this worksheet with a BGS advisor.
- Graduation Checklist for the Bachelor in General Studies (PDF)
BGS students can use this form to monitor their progress toward graduation.
- Application for the Joint Degree Program in Liberal Arts and Engineering (PDF)
Complete this form to apply for the Joint Degree Program in Liberal Arts and Engineering.
- Application for Individualized Joint Degree Programs (PDF)
If you are interested in a joint degree program with another school or college, and a formal joint degree program has not been officially established between the two units, you can complete this form to apply for an Individualized Joint Degree Program. You must have completed 30 credits and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 to apply.
Use this form to apply for reactivation if you have been away from the College for more than two calendar years (24 months).
Incompletes and Modifications
- Request for Modification of Credit Hours - This form is to be used if you are modifying a course within the credit-hour range that is allowed for the course or if you want to take a course for more credit hours than the course is allowed.
- Petition for Late Modification of Credit Hours After 9th Week - Use this form after the late drop/add deadline to modify course credits.
- Request for Audit Status (PDF) - Use this form if you are seeking to officially audit a course.
- Application for Retroactive Credits (PDF) - Use this form to apply for language retroactive credits if you have met the guidelines.
- Time Extension for Incomplete (PDF) - Use this form if you have an Incomplete and extenuating circumstances cause you to need an extension beyond the deadline.
- Instructor-Student Agreement for Finishing an Incomplete Course (PDF) - Use this form if you (student or instructor) are making arrangements for an Incomplete.
Dean's Recommendation Forms
Professional and graduate schools, professional associations, and prospective employers may require Dean's Recommendation forms. The forms usually say something like: "To be filled out by College Dean or official."