Skip to Content

Search: {{$root.lsaSearchQuery.q}}, Page {{$}}

Where to Go for Graduation Help

Graduation issues can be difficult to navigate. Here’s how we can help...

LSA Academic Auditors

We do official audits for all LSA students who are not in the Honors Program or the Residential College. We also do final graduation evaluations for students once all grades have posted. We email these audits to you as soon as they’re complete. Auditors also:

  • Change your graduation date
  • Drop majors or minors
  • Change degrees (e.g., B.S. to B.A.)

General Advisors

If at any time you want to talk to someone about your degree requirements and the graduation process, make an appointment with your general advisor.  

Residential College and Honors Program

If you are in in the Residential College or the Honors Program, contact those offices directly for all auditing and general advising issues.   

Department Advisors

Need a release? Took different classes than those listed on your release? Maybe you are considering changing a major to a minor, or want help planning what you’ll do after graduation. Your department advisor can help you with all of this, and more!

Credit Evaluators (Division of Undergraduate Admissions)

If you are transferring in your final credits from another institution, have an official transcript sent to the credit evaluators directly from the other institution. The credit evaluators will evaluate the credits and then post them to your U-M transcript. The auditors can then include those credits as part of the  final graduation audit. (NOTE: If you have already been denied graduation, notify the auditors directly when your final transfer credits have been added to your U-M transcript so you can be reevaluated for graduation.)  


The Office of University and Development Events oversees everything to do with the Commencement ceremony, including ticket distribution.

Office of the Registrar (RO)

The RO confers degrees to official transcripts after the academic auditing office has confirmed that all degree requirements have been met. Once degrees are conferred, you can order your official transcript from the RO. The RO also handles all issues pertaining to permanent name changes, address changes, and diplomas.