NOTE: Due to COVID-19, the May 2021 commencement ceremony will be virtual. Click here to find out more.
Planning on Graduating Soon?
Good for you! You should begin the graduation process early in the term just prior to your anticipated graduation term. This way you can verify your remaining requirements before registering for your final term.
- Apply for the graduation term in which all degree requirements will be complete by going into the Student Center section of Wolverine Access. Students completing requirements in Spring term should apply for summer graduation.
- Contact your department via email and ask what steps you need to take for them to submit a 'release'. (BGS students can skip this step.) This release will inform you and the auditors of your remaining requirements.
- Review Your Official Audit when it arrives to your umich.edu email. The information in this audit will be used for your final graduation evaluation, so make sure you understand and agree with it!
- Follow Up with Changes or Questions. Are you dropping a course that is required in your official audit? Get a new release! Want to drop a major or minor or change your graduation date? Contact the auditors at email@example.com!
Details, details, details…
- What’s up with all these different audits?
- The difference between Graduation & Commencement
- Diploma and distinction details
- See deadlines and timelines to find out when things happen
- Which office handles what graduation issues?
- Meet the auditing staff
Remember, you can look at the audit checklist any time for an unofficial review of your progress toward degree.
Need to make a change? No problem! Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to change your graduation date, drop one of your declared majors or minors, or switch your degree.