Planning on Graduating Soon?
Good for you! You should begin the graduation process early in the term just prior to your anticipated graduation term. This way you can verify your remaining requirements before registering for your final term.
- Apply for the graduation term in which all degree requirements will be complete by going into the Student Business section of Wolverine Access. Students completing requirements in Spring term should apply for summer graduation.
- Make an Appointment with each of your major and minor advisors to get a ‘release.’ This will inform you and the auditors of your remaining requirements. (BGS students can skip this step.)
- Review Your Official Audit when it arrives to your umich.edu email. The information in this audit will be used for your final graduation evaluation, so make sure you understand and agree with it!
- Follow Up with Changes or Questions. Are you dropping a course that is required in your official audit? Get a new release! Want to drop a major or minor or change your graduation date? Contact the auditors at email@example.com!
Bet You Didn’t Know About Commencement…
Because U-M is so big, undergraduate degrees are not actually conferred at the Commencement ceremony. In fact, it’s best to think of Commencement as a big celebration instead of a confirmation of graduation.
Want to make sure you’re eligible to attend Commencement? Don’t worry. As long as you’ve applied for graduation, you’re eligible to attend one of our ceremonies. Check out the Deadlines and Timeline page to find out which one.
Details, details, details…
- What’s up with all these different audits?
- The difference between Graduation & Commencement
- Diploma and distinction details
- See deadlines and timelines to find out when things happen
- Which office handles what graduation issues?
- Meet the auditing staff
Remember, you can look at the audit checklist any time for an unofficial review of your progress toward degree.
Need to make a change? No problem! Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to change your graduation date, drop one of your declared majors or minors, or switch your degree.