Most college students don't know exactly what they want their majors to be let alone their jobs. And that's OK: The LSA Plan is designed to help you get the most out of your time at Michigan by giving you skills across a range of disciplines and providing hands-on, practical learning opportunities.
Academics: We're Among the Best
In recent U.S. News rankings, LSA had more than 40 programs in the top ten. So no matter what major you choose, you'll be engaged by some of the brightest, best faculty in the country.
Learning a language. Taking an internship. Doing research. Seeing the world. There are countless opportunities available here that, when combined with your classwork, makes you the type of thoughtful person poised to succeed in a variety of careers.
Result: A Valuable Degree
Consider the following...
- A 2012 survey of over 200 employers conducted by Millennial Branding and Experience Inc. showed that employers are actively seeking out liberal arts grads because they have the communication skills and flexibility they want in new hires.
- More than 9 out of 10 LSA graduates immediately go into the workforce, grad school, or professional school.
- A recent panel of business and policy leaders convened by the Association of American Colleges and Universities conducted a poll among employers: More than 60% of potential employees don't have the wide array of skills to be successful in today's global, information-based economy. Their recommendation? A liberal arts education.
- Undergraduate Application
- Academics & Requirements
- Academic Advising in the College
- Course Selection & Scheduling
- Faculty and Their Specializations
- Study Abroad
- Transfer Information
- International Internship Program
- Michigan Learning Communities
- Course Guide
- For Graduate Students
- Your Student Experience
- Sophomore Initiative